Using Keyless Entry in the New 2020 Honda CR-V
The New 2020 Honda CR-V from Serra Honda Champaign is equipped with a high tech remote start feature that will alter the way you use your Honda CR-V. This new system allows you to easily start your SUV with your key fob from up to 400 feet away! Champaign drivers won’t be able to go back to anything else after using the easy remote start system. It is designed to overall make your driving experience more comfortable and efficient!
The remote start system allows drivers to not only start your vehicle with the key fob still in your pocket, but it also allows for other personalized changes through the HondaLink app. Having this remote start system makes those cold weather days more bearable and even helps on our warmer summer days here in Champaign, IL.
How to Use Remote Start:
To start your engine with your CR-V key fob,
1. Press the lock button, and then press the engine button directly after. The engine will run for 10 minutes, setting the air to a comfortable temperature inside your vehicle.
2. To have your engine run for longer, simply repeat the same process of before and your vehicle will run for another 10 minutes.
This is a great way to get the engine started up and the inside of your vehicle warm. There’s no need to worry about your vehicle’s security with your engine running, your CR-V security system will remain on and active even while your car is running and lights will remain off.
To Turn off your Engine:
1. Press and hold the engine button on your key fob to turn off your engine, or it will automatically turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
The 2020 CR-V trims that include this HondaLink remote system include the three trim levels: EX EX-L Touring With the HondaLink app, drivers have access to plenty of their SUV’s features at their fingertips using their phone. Functions including, but not limited to your Vehicles status, location, remote Key Fob, and voice assistance.
HondaLink App Features
At Serra Honda Champaign, we know that life’s busy, but we also know that you always have your smartphone on hand. Even if you may not have direct access to your key fob, you’re still able to start and stop your engine and much more with the HondaLink app! Here at Serra Honda Champaign, we want to make your Honda CR-V technology convenient and simple to use. There have been many updates to give you almost complete accessibility through the HondaLink app. Basically, the only thing that the app is not able to do is drive your Honda CR-V for you.
With your new HondLink system, with your smartphone you’re now able to:
– Unlock and Lock your CR-V
– Pinpoint the location on your vehicle and see when it has entered or left a specific area
– Set your desired temperature for inside your SUV
– Send destinations from your phone, by voice to your vehicle
The HondaLink system provides convenience data at your fingertips allowing you to:
– Check out up-to-date mileage, and fuel and oil levels through your app
– Use 24-hour roadside assistance, including jump start and lockout assistance
– Schedule service appointments with a Honda-certified dealership
– Access vehicle information in the owner’s guide
Last but not least, you can receive notifications to your phone if your vehicle goes over a predetermined speed, or if your car alarm is triggered. As you can see, with the HondaLink system you can do just about anything regarding your Honda CR-V through the ease of your smartphone.
Want to try it out for yourself? Stop by Serra Honda Champaign to see the 2020 Honda CR-V technology features in action. Call to schedule an appointment online or come by our site to see all that is available on the Honda CR-V!